Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 4- Thanksgiving!

Hallo alle Mensch!
This past week has been crazy spiritual/amazing! So I just want to put the silly dumb stuff that makes me happy out at the beginning. I have managed to wear a different tie everyday that I've been here! I think it will end soon, but still, four weeks straight is pretty impressive. I've run into a few people that I've known here. One was a friend from EFY 2 years ago, I was walking through a hall, he passed me, then I heard my name called out, so I turned around. At first, I didn't recognize him at all, as we were talking my memory was jogged a little more, but not much, I did remember that he was wearing glasses back then. So that encounter was a little awkward, but then later the light bulb came on and I remembered him =-P I also ran into someone that was in the Blue Cast for the Nauvoo Pageant, I didn't recognize him at all, but he recognized me since I was on the work crew. I've also run into Aaron Bush and Clay Cook this past week, they're both teaching here, which is way cool. Aaron teaches in the floor below my class room. I don't think I've told you about the Irishman that we have in our zone, but ya, we have one. Elder Jackson is his name, and he is so hilarious! I can't think of a story at the moment, but I'll have one for you later.
It's the story time equinox, which is just an excuse to tell a story! Back a while, back awhile, I was in this Target bathroom... just kidding. We were sitting in class, and most of our district was doing a German word game on the board. Elder Kossin and I weren't however. I was looking up the word assassin (it's an important word to know, ok!) and then I said to Elder Kossin "werden wir Elder Hardy morden?" which translates to "Will we assassinate Elder Hardy?" to which Elder Kossin responded with "spater." which means "Later." This was so funny! The reason why it was is because Elder Hardy kind of drags Elder Kossin around and what not, so ya.
Ok, serious stuff now. You would not believe who came to the MTC on Thanksgiving! ELDER JEFFERY R. HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a morning devotional that day, and we had no idea who was coming, then he walked in and we were hit by a spiritual tsunami! The message he shared with us is how great it is that we're out here and that what were doing is very important, he said "From the minute you wake up to the minute you go to sleep, you are engaged in the saving of the human soul, and that is the most important thing thing in this universe." a little after that he said "God spends all of his time, all of his efforts, on saving his children." We truly are doing God's work at this time, and God really does love us perfectly. After the devotional we did a service project where we were putting together health and educational kits for people in Africa, it was so much fun and so uplifting. To finish off the wonderful day we watched 17 Miracles, it was so so good, almost cried. Sunday night Elder Ames gave me a blessing to help me learn, focus, and to be comforted. Elder Ames said the following in the blessing: "I feel impressed to tell you that you are here at the right time to teach the people only you can touch in Germany, and that you are worthy of this calling...your Heavenly Father is aware of you..." That blessing was something that I really needed to hear, it reaffirmed to me that I am out here at the right time and for the right reasons, and that my Heavenly Father will help me every step of the way while I'm out here.
Well, that's all I have time for today, thank you for all of the letters that I've received  Please keep sending me letters, I love seeing them!
Sincerely,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment