You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Germany Berlin Mission....
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Week 5 - Hallo alle mein Familie und Freunde!
It's been another awesome week here at the MTC! I have grown so much and my German is coming along pretty well. I am defiantly not fluent yet, but I'll get there, probably out in Germany. I received 2 letters this week, they were fantastic letters! However, I do believe I know more people than 2...
Please please write me, it makes my day when I receive a letter in the mail.
Alright, I have a hilarious story to share from Elder Colledge, it was so funny I had him write it in my journal, I hope he's okay with me sharing it. Here is exactly what he wrote in my journal.
"Mmmkay, Nia Nia is a very beautiful half-mexican woman that I had the opportunity to work with back in the day. Super duper pretty! Geez. Meine gute.
So, one day Nia asked me if I wanted to go night hiking (a normal Cache Valley activity) with her. Naturally I said yes! On the hike, it was a beautiful clear night. When we made it to the top of the mountain, it was beautiful! Nia looked rather attractive in the moonlight too! She looked at me, and gave me the 'come here big boy' finger. I came over and she said
'Hey, lets go over there (behind a little hill in the trees) and, you know. You know what I want.'
Terrified, I whipped up a plan. A very stupid plan, but still effective! I said to here
'I think I know where you're going with this...' Then I hit her shoulder and shouted 'Tag!' and took off into the trees! I climbed up a big ol' cedar, like a frightened cat, and tried to look for her. I heard her say 'Jordan, I see you' I replied 'But you haven't tagged me yet!' Then I hopped out of the tree and ran for sweet life down the trail. Long story short, that was the last date. So yeah. There ya go Elder Dixon. Gott sei mit dich!"
No one else would ever come up with an idea like that, I thought it was SOOOOO genius and funny! I am so grateful for the awesome friends that I had so I never had to face experiences like this.
It is so crazy to think that I've been here for over a month! 5 weeks!
Sunday for our Fireside the 1ST PRESIDENCY came for a Christmas devotional!...Okay not really, we watched the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional. I would recommend watching it to everyone. The 2 main messages from the devotional that I picked out were 1) We need to be good receivers and be thankful for what we are given, whether from our Father in Heaven or a little child. 2) The best gifts come from he heart, and we need to recognize that. Service is a perfect example. After the Devotional we watched The Testaments. This movie never gets old. My favorite part from it is when Christ comes over to Helam, calls him by name, and heals him. Christ knows all of us personally and by name! After the film ended I said "I'm ready for the second movie!" The second coming is going to be so fantastic! I cannot wait to thank my Savior for what he's done for me.
Yesterday for personal study I looked up some names of Jesus Christ, found definitions for them, and found scriptures to go along with them. This was a really cool experience, I plan do do some more. Confession time...I've gained weight...only 4lbs and I'm pretty sure it's not fat, we have gym 5 days a week and it's been really good for me to have that time to exercise. Well, I'm out of time, last thing I'll tell you, Elder Boone is here! That made me happy seeing him.
Sincerely,
Elder Dixon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment