Thursday, December 20, 2012

Week 7 - Only 2 more weeks!


Hallo Welt!

This week at the MTC has been pretty amazing! I continue to learn so much! Only 2 weeks now until I leave for Germany, craaaaazyyyyyy!!!! My German is coming along quite well, and I've learned that I will be speaking the language I'm learning. The Missionaries going to the Alpine mission have to learn a ton of different dialects and accents, so I am grateful.

This past week in one of my lessons with our investigator Peter we taught the Law of Chastity, intimidating right, but it wasn't too bad. After we finished that stuff up Elder Ames bore his testimony, it was so strong and powerful. After his testimony we sat in silence for 3 minutes while the Holy Ghost taught Peter! After 3 minutes I bore my testimony and then we ended, it was so amazing!

In one class with Brother Handley, we read from Ether chapters 2&3. In this passage of scripture the brother of Jared builds the barges and all that jazz then sees Jesus Christ. We talked about how the brother of Jared did everything humanly possible to make it possible for them to have light, he melt rock to make the stones, which isn't easy. Then, he had faith. After we read that, Brother Handley asked us to pray and ask for what we need to do to have more faith. I prayed and received revelation through hymns. If you have time I would recommend reading the lyrics of these hymns:

#116-Come, Follow Me
#206-Away In a Manger
#258-O Thou Rock of Our Salvation
#97-Lead Kindly Light
#98-I Need Thee Every Hour
#100-Nearer, My God, to Thee
#134-I Believe in Christ
#136-I Know That My Redeemer Lives

From these hymns I learned that I need to depend upon God for all things and to have faith in him. I know that as I do that, I will be blessed with greater faith and greater knowledge of the mysteries of God.

This past Sunday for our Fireside, the Brett Family came and sang to us, it was such a wonderful experience! 1st they sang a German hymn (cool, right?) called Low How a Rose Er Blooming and they sang it in German, 2nd they sang Hallelujah in Spanish the younger sung soloed in that, and for the 3rd and last song the older son sang Come Thou Fount to his brother's arrangement, it was so beautiful and the spirit was so strong! I LOVE MUSIC!!!!!

Well, I have to go now. Please write me if you haven't yet, I promise I will respond. Have a great week and a Merry Christmas! Don't forget the true meaning of Christmas and the hope that it brings.

Sincerely,
Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment